so i took a hiatus from tumblr for a bit! gonna keep on keepin’ on.
catch me over at http://www.cuntext.com, or on the twitters if you want, or irl if you’d prefer! potential topics planned: queer family, femme superpowers, writing exercises, recommended reading? we’ll see.
here are the good things:
- my yoga therapy training has begun for serious, and while there are obviously some terrible things about it, it’s powerful stuff and there is room to push change
- almost done reorganizing/redecorating my bedroom to be the femme sex palace of my dreams
- this has involved staining wood on my back balcony, swoon
- i can listen to “try sleeping with a broken heart” and have my overwhelming feeling be “goddamn this is a fucking amazing song”. bfd, guyz
- it’s 15˚ past midnight, y’all. heyyyyyyyyy there, summer! or at least proper spring
- going to work on submitting to new smut project because hello character-driven smut in which someone says “no”. interesting constraints, plenty of real-life examples that are hot as fuck to work from.
- i’ll be on leave from my real job in less than a month, which means i’ll be writing every day or at least most days
- felix is moving up here in a bit more than a month. holy shit. it’s like the biggest “i think it, it happens” of life!
it’s been good.
Anonymous said: Shakespeare was queer? I thought he only had affairs with ladies. What dudes did he get it on with?
OH U SWEET SUMMER CHILD
so remember those sonnets, you know, about one hundred and twenty-six of them, the whole thing about “shall i compare thee to a summer’s day”
written to a hot male earl, dude
in 1640 some asshole named john literally had to change all the pronouns in those 126 sonnets because they were super fuckin queer and he was not comfy with how super fuckin queer they were
also, like, casual elizabethan bisexuality? christopher “they who love not tobacco and boys are fools” marlowe? the venetian “tit bridge”, where prostitutes were commanded by official decree to stand around topless to entice men who were bangin’ too many dudes, because there were so many gay men it was becoming a legitimate social problem?
welcome to the wonderful world of “literally everyone in the past was queer”, friend, enjoy your stay
When researchers at the University of Toronto and the University of Washington observed young people’s behavior in bars, they found that the man’s aggressiveness didn’t match his level of intoxication. There was no relationship.
Instead, men targeted women who were intoxicated.
NPR: If He’s Sexually Aggressive in Bars, It’s Not Because He’s Drunk (via glorious—headfuck)
s h o c k i n g
(Source: intlwomenshealth, via bettychantel)