andrea (that’s andy’s full feminine blog alias, guys!) is making fiddleheads and crab cakes.
the vaporizer has been turned on.
ni no kuni music is playing in the background, which is cute.
i know, what good things are there about being back from brocation?
- oh my god, brocation was perfect. it could be a million-page novel-length good things post itself, but here are highlights: besties including my best butch ex all in one place for an entire week just hanging out (this cannot be overstated); feeling like my besties were seeing me in my natural habitat (submerged in an ocean); meeting a lot of andy’s family, especially her cousin/buddy who will be, like, her kids’ godmother, and kind of clicking with her mom (chosen family/extended family bonding); animals of so many sorts including monkeys and sloths and an OCELOT and my patronus is an ocelot SO; doing E with andy and karl on our beach and going in the caribbean (only up to my knees because drugs + reef) and watching all the green things and hearing all the birds; dancing all over our house to MC solaar as i was coming up; remembering my hoodie and trading sunglasses with andy’s cousin’s boyfriend like true bros because doing E clearly turns me into a sketchball clubber; talks with andy about how important we are to each other and how we will be chosen family forever; all the food andy cooked while we were there (rice & beans, black bean soup, frittata, deep-fried yucca, curry with vegetables i hadn’t encountered until costa rica in coconut milk, etc.); ocean ocean ocean every single day on some of the most beautiful beaches i’ve ever seen; andy’s parents’ sweet tiny yappy dog that i adore despite her being the epitome of abhorrent dog qualities; fruit fruit fruit; trying fish for the first time in my life (sea bass that melted in the mouth, and tilapia ceviche); new year’s eve playing king’s cup and drinking cacique (or was it gin that night?) and taking champagne, sparklers, and fireworks down to the beach and enjoying the neighbors’ bonfire and even better fireworks; driving andy’s mom’s beemer in san josé/alajuela; driving andy’s dad’s car all the way up winding mountain roads to a volcano and then all the way back down into a valley with a gorgeous lake; doing yoga in the mornings and having this one practice that was just perfect breathing and drishti and momentum and when i was done i could magically do a pull-up?
- brocation is now an annual tradition; next new year’s eve we’ll be on the pacific side of costa rica and/or in granada (nicaragua, obvs). also we’re gonna do brocation, jr. in a cabin in vermont or new hampshire this winter/spring.
- got back to mtl and watched pitch perfect while eating sushi, after smoking my first bowl from my new tiny pink pipe. and i am totally going to name her, because stoner femme dorkery forever.
- the boy is cute and i get to see him soon. and he bought packers and leather handcuffs because he’s excited about really getting into kink and it’s so fucking adorable and hot and nnnnggggggg i want to fuck his ass so much it’s ridiculous. tomorrow night, i think.
- a friend loaned me LOTR tarot cards because mine disappeared with my purse in puerto viejo, and i’m really excited/apprehensive about using them. (i REALLY miss my cosmic tarot, though. the pictures are so pretty and i’d gotten used to them.)
- hung out with nic last night and it was so good. she fixed my fucked up internet somehow (<3 butches who just do your annoying shit for you) and she did my eyebrows and i dunno. we just get along so well when we aren’t mad codependent and i’m not mad insecure. good talks good laughs good cuddles good all around vibes.
- i made so much food yesterday: slow-cooker black-eyed peas (missed new year’s day, but it’s still The New Year) and butternut squash-sweet potato-sweet pepper-coconut milk soup.
- time for my morning routine of tarot card + five minutes meditation and then yoga and then laundry and then work (ick).