You know what needs more lesbians?
Absolutely everything. I can not think of a single thing that would not benefit from the addition of lesbians.
Lesbophobia— particularly against butch lesbians— is very pervasive on tumblr. It’s disgusting.
The only time it is acceptable to refer to lesbians specifically is when you want to insult us. If you’re saying anything remotely positive, use “queer women”.
See bold text
Reasons I feel really strongly about it being just fucking fine for people to refer to me as a lesbian. Other reasons include the fact that to 99% of the planet who’s not immersed in queer academic identity politics, lesbian is the most accurate term they know to describe me.
— Sound speaks my language/validates me not having gotten out of bed all day
- me: i am SAD a neighbor cat cannot visit me
- because of stupid thing
- sub-rosa: oh my goddd
- me: that neighbor put up on my balcony
- sub-rosa: do you LIKE a CAT
- me: only on balcony!
- not in my HOUSE!
- because then i can go inside and into kitchen
- and wash hands (and maybe dishes! while i'm there)
- sub-rosa: who ARE you
- me: and won't be allergic!
- but yes
- i babytalked the kitty
- but it couldn't come visit me.
- sub-rosa: that is adorable and tragic
- me: is your fault/sound's fault
- sub-rosa: yessssss
- tag team dream team
someone write me girls-at-military-school-on-the-disney-channel fanfic.