— america, fuck yeah (cnn)
- mole, sound, AND fury home for the holidays. the four of us haven’t been in the same place since we were, like, 21. it’s amazing.
- just watched BEYONCÉ on my dad’s flatscreen with the sound system hooked up and it was even more amazing than the other eight thousand times i’ve watched it.
- eight million bean taquitos with guacamole every day.
- felix is here and my parents and besties love him.
- today when felix met my sister it was like the most perfect introduction ever because she rolled up totally unannounced as we were leaving for brunch and was like, “where the fuck are YOU going?” and then just like lazily climbed up me like i was a tree and she was a tiny koala when she hugged me hello.
- but also felix is not here in my house right now because he went for a walk to have alone time right when i also really wanted alone time. perfect.
- tonight my sister and my mom are coming over to my dad’s house to decorate the tree with us.
- my stepmom got apple cider for us to drink.
So just to clarify, the Affordable Care Act
- Passed both the House and the Senate
- Was signed into law by Obama in 2010
- Was upheld as constitutional by the Supreme Court in 2012
And yet now it’s 2013 and the GOP in the House has voted 40 times to repeal it and is now going to shut down the fucking government because they can’t handle the democratic process.
- me: do you think i should try to find out why my government has, like, collapsed?
- andy: no. probably not.